We offer support to mothers, whether trying to breastfeed for the first time or simply in need of guidance and encouragement with their current newborn.
Our service includes:
- Help with making positive choices for mother and baby
- Information and support at ante-natal classes
- Group workshops
- Home visits
- Telephone support
- Postnatal support for up to 8 weeks after baby is born
We promote the value of breastfeeding because:
- It has health benefits for both mother and baby
- Builds a strong bond between mother and baby
- Helps a baby to grow and develop
Our breastfeeding support workers offer help and support to initiate and maintain breastfeeding and have been trained to work with new mothers to make the breastfeeding process easier.